Gain the expertise to advance your career protecting the public and leading other public servants. Complete your degree 100% online at one of the largest providers of public safety programs in the U.S.*
- FESHE-Recognized: Purdue Global is recognized by the U.S. Fire Administration as an official Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education (FESHE) institution.
- Program Highlights: Study critical issues in terrorism; applied research; crisis intervention; risk, vulnerability, and capability assessment; planning, operations, mitigation, and preparedness; homeland security policies and procedures, and more.
- Career Opportunities: Emergency service director, emergency management system director or program specialist, criminal investigator/special agent, emergency response team leader, hazard mitigation officer
- Applied Research Project: Complete a hands-on final project to gain practical experience solving emergency management and homeland security related issues.
Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement. Prior experience may be necessary for leadership positions. Local, state, and federal law enforcement jobs may require additional training or education including additional state-approved higher education beyond the Purdue Global degree. This program was not designed to meet any specific state’s requirements, and Purdue Global makes no representations or warranties as to whether the degree or any individual courses meet such requirements. Refer to the University Catalog for additional information.
* Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), 2018-2019 Total Degrees and Certificates Conferred, First Major, Criminology; Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting, and Related Protective Services; nces.ed.gov/IPEDS. Based on total number of degrees and certificates granted by Purdue Global compared to other Title IV institutions.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Purdue University Global is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLCommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Official College Transcript(s)