The Master of Science in Homeland Security and Emergency Management at Purdue University Global is designed to prepare you to pursue management-level positions with employers with federal, state, and local agencies. The degree can also help prepare you for a dynamic career within private-sector consulting companies.
The curriculum focuses on the legal, social, business, economic, and political aspects of the industry. Students will explore how societal institutions, government agencies, lawmakers, businesses, and other organizations find sustainable security and emergency management solutions on a local, regional, national, and global level.
The master’s degree curriculum emphasizes the following:
- The evaluation of social and ethical implications of decisions made to protect people and property
- Complex global challenges with innovative solutions
- The application of theory, current knowledge, and legal doctrine
- Cultural and individual differences of constituents and stakeholders
- The application of leadership principles to shape change and improve management policy and practices
- The evaluation of research on current knowledge and developing trends
- The application of organizational behavior and management theories to daily operations
- Submit a transcript indicating receipt of a bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission