The Master of Science in Education curriculum is designed for P-12 teachers in which you will have the power to influence, motivate, and empower future generations. Through sustained learning, job-embedded activities, collegial discussions, and engaging follow-up, you will acquire knowledge and practical teaching skills that can have a positive impact on student achievement.
The program is an advanced teacher preparation program created for trained teachers—with a consistent group of learners —who want to improve their teaching skills, increase their professional marketability, and pursue career advancement in areas such as teacher leadership, professional development, or mentoring.
- Teaching Literacy and Language
- Teaching Students with Special Needs
- Educational Leadership
- Must submit an unofficial transcript indicating receipt of a bachelor’s degree
- Must be a current or former prekindergarten through 12th grade teacher
- For verification purposes, you must submit one of the following items:
- A copy of your prekindergarten through 12th grade teaching license (current or expired)
- A copy of your teaching contract showing evidence of employment as a prekindergarten through 12th grade Teacher of Record/Classroom Teacher
- On school letterhead, a letter from the principal at the school of your employ that clearly designates you as the Teacher of Record/Classroom Teacher
The Master of Science in Education does not lead to initial teacher certification or teaching endorsements.
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission