Gain the skills and knowledge advance your career in private security, while preparing for industry credentialing. Complete your certificate 100% online at one of the largest providers of public safety programs in the U.S.*
- Program Highlights: Study the criminal justice system, corrections, constitutional law, criminal investigation, police operations, crime prevention, criminal procedure, criminal justice management and supervision, and tort law.
- Certification: Prepare to sit for the Certified Protection Professional (CPP) certification exam or to qualify for membership in the American Society of Industrial Security (ASIS).†
- Career Opportunities: Positions in law enforcement, court systems, corrections, or private and corporate security
- Foundation for a Degree: Get a head start on your associate’s or bachelor’s degree. You can transfer the courses from your certificate into a Purdue Global undergraduate degree.‡
Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement. Local, state, and federal law enforcement jobs may require additional training or education beyond the associate’s level. Some positions require a 4-year bachelor's degree and/or additional state-approved higher education beyond the Purdue Global degree. This program was not designed to meet any specific state’s requirements, and Purdue Global makes no representations or warranties as to whether the degree or any individual courses meet such requirements. Refer to the University Catalog for additional information.
* Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), 2018-2019 Total Degrees and Certificates Conferred, First Major, Criminology; Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting, and Related Protective Services;nces.ed.gov/IPEDS. Based on total number of degrees and certificates granted by Purdue Global compared to other Title IV institutions.
† Students are responsible for understanding the requirements of optional certification exams. The University cannot guarantee students will be eligible to sit for or pass exams. In some cases, work experience, additional coursework beyond the Purdue Global program, fieldwork, and/or background checks may be necessary to be eligible to take or to successfully pass the exams.
‡ The University cannot guarantee that students will be granted admission to any future programs. Speak to an Advisor about transfer credit opportunities and see the University Catalog for the Prior Learning Assessment policy.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Purdue University Global is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLCommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Official High School Transcript/GED Score, Criminal Background Check