Prepare to offer counseling services to juveniles and adults involved in the criminal justice system with the Forensic Mental Health Counseling concentration of this online master’s degree in Counseling and Human Services from Post University. An online forensic psychology degree explores how the human services field and the judicial system are intertwined.
Students will explore concepts related to criminal behavior and psychopathology, as well as forensic assessment and victimology. The curriculum focuses on developing theoretical, analytical, and clinical skills required in the field. Credits from this degree program may be applied toward professional licensure in most states.
This specialization track includes courses in the following areas:
- Introduction to forensic mental health counseling
- Theories of criminal behavior and psychopathology
- Victimology and counseling victims
- Forensic assessment and counseling techniques
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Official transcripts
- Recommendation letter(s)
- Minimum GPA and required admissions documentation are based on the number of years of prior work or volunteer experience; additional materials may be requested.
School Accreditation Statement
New England Commission of Higher Education