Advance your professional development and sharpen your clinical skills with an online Graduate Certificate in Alcohol and Drug Counseling from Post University. This certificate program combines online classroom learning with two field practicums where students can apply their knowledge in professional settings.
Courses explore complex issues regarding drug and alcohol addiction in society. Students will learn the effects of short and long-term use of substances on the individual, their family, and the community. Credits may be able to be applied toward professional counseling licensure in your state.
Classes examine topics including the following:
- Biology of addiction
- Theories of alcohol and drug counseling
- Psychopathology of addiction
- Group and family treatment in addictions
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Official transcripts
- Recommendation letter(s)
- Applicants with less than a 3.0 GPA will be required to submit additional documentation.
School Accreditation Statement
New England Commission of Higher Education