The Master of Science in Educational Leadership offered by Pittsburg State University is available in the online format. This program is designed for teachers who wish to further their leadership abilities as principals. Students learn interventions, experiences, research, and practices for ascending to this career path. The coursework meets the needs for the Building Principal PreK-12 certification.
A minimum of 3.0 for one of the following:
- The last two years of undergraduate work for those students who have only an undergraduate degree and less than 9 hours of graduate work.
- 9 hours or more of current graduate credit courses
- A completed graduate degree
- Evidence of the following:
- History of assuming informal or formal leadership roles in a variety of settings
- Effective writing skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Commitment to assuming leadership roles within organizations
- History of meeting deadlines and satisfactorily accomplishing major tasks
- Evidence of licensure as a teacher
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission