PCC offers the online Nuclear Medicine Technology Diploma. This curriculum provides the clinical and didactic experience necessary to prepare students to qualify as entry-level nuclear medicine technologists. Students will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to properly perform clinical procedures. These skills include patient care, use of radioactive materials, operation of imaging and counting instrumentation, and laboratory procedures.
Sample of Program Courses:
- Introduction to Nuclear Medicine
- Cross Sectional Anatomy
- Nuclear Pharmacy
- Nuclear Physics
- Health Physics
Graduates may be eligible to apply for certification/registration examinations given by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board and the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
This program requires clinical practice rotations, which are made available in the student's geographic location through a joint effort facilitated by the student and the nuclear medicine faculty.
- Residency Determination request
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Placement test may be required
- Minimum of an Associates Degree
- Must have 2.5 GPA in minimum prerequisites for the program, which include college level anatomy and physiology, ENG 111, and MAT 121
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges