PCC offers the online Medical Dosimetry Diploma. This diploma provides the student with the fundamentals of medical dosimetry practice using current technology, tools and techniques. The curriculum is designed to prepare ARRT certified radiation therapists to work in the care of cancer patients as a medical dosimetrist, and enable the participant to become a member of the radiation oncology team.
Subjects studies include the following:
- radiation oncology anatomy
- radiation protection
- treatment planning
- dose calculations
- clinical oncology
Graduates of the program will be able to obtain employment as a medical dosimetrist and apply to the Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board (MDCB) to sit for a national certification.
This program requires four campus visits per year, as well as clinical practice rotations, which may be completed in the student's geographic location.
- Residency Determination request
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Placement test may be required
- Must have a Bachelors Degree
- Must have completed a JRCERT accredited radiation therapy program
- Must have a 3.0 GPA in discipline related coursework
- Must hold ARRT certification in Radiation Therapy
Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges