PCC offers the online Computed Tomography & Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technology Diploma. This diploma prepares the individual to use specialized equipment to visualized cross-sectional anatomical structures and aid physicians in the demonstration of pathologies and disease processes. Course work prepares the technologist to provide patient care and perform studies utilizing imaging equipment, professional communication, and quality assurance in scheduled and emergency procedures through academic and clinical studies.
Graduates may be eligible to sit for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist Advanced Level testing in Computed Tomography and/or Magnetic Resonance Imaging examinations. They may find employment in facilities which perform these imaging procedures.
This program requires clinical practice rotations, which may be completed in the student's geographic location.
- Residency Determination request
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Placement test may be required
- Must have an Associates Degree
- Must hold certification in Radiography, Radiation Therapy, or Nuclear Medicine
- Must have a 3.0 GPA in discipline related coursework
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges