PCC offers the online Breast Sonography Certificate. This certificate provides registered mammographers the didactic and clinical experience necessary to become registered breast sonographers. The following courses make up the program:
- Breast Pathophysiology
- BST Physics & Equipment
- BST Image Production & Eval
- BST Procedures
- Clinical Education
Graduates may be eligible to apply to take the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) certification exam in Breast Sonography.
This program requires two visits to campus for scanning labs, as well as clinical practice rotations in the student's geographic location.
- Residency Determination request
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Placement test may be required
- Must have an Associates Degree in Radiography
- Must have a 2.5 GPA in discipline related coursework
- Must hold ARRT certification in Radiography and Mammography
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges