If you are already involved with corporate accounting or have a bachelor’s in accounting, consider an online MBA in Advanced Accounting from Penn State. This concentration includes coursework that will prepare you to become a CFO, such as:
- Strategic cost management
- Financial reporting
- Business tax planning theory and practice
- Advanced financial statement analysis
- Ethics in Accounting
Penn State’s MBA online enables you to work asynchronously, on your own schedule. However, you can also opt to participate in group discussions and engage your classmates in synchronous learning opportunities, should you prefer. The Penn State MBA curriculum centers around a teaching methodology called, ICE: Integration, Collaboration and Engagement.
Throughout Penn State’s online MBA, you will work as part of a team, learn how to lead a team and create business solutions using teamwork. You will learn how to apply your comprehensive knowledge from all business disciplines with accounting and apply these solutions to real-life scenarios. A key component of the online MBA program at Penn State is a 5-day residency where you will meet members of your team — your cohort and your professors.
Students are required to attend a five-day residency held at University Park, PA at the start of the program.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- Undergraduate junior/senior (last two years) GPA
- GMAT or GRE scores from within the past five years
- GMAT or GRE waivers are offered to applicants with Ph.D., M.D., or D.O. degrees, and may also be considered for those with other advanced professional degrees, progressive work experience, or leadership experience, and who have not taken either test in the past 5 years
- Two references
- Essay response
- Online interview
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education