The online Graduate Certificate in Geriatric Nursing Education program from Pennsylvania State University prepares students with a master's degree in nursing or a related health discipline to:
- Become geriatric-expert faculty and educational leaders
- Train faculty with high levels of gerontological knowledge who will go on to teach registered nurses and other health professionals at the associate or bachelors degree levels
- Instruct professional educators who can transform the environment in which geriatric health care is taught and practiced
Graduates may pursue positions in hospitals, rehabilitation centers, long-term care facilities, and rural communities.
- MSN in nursing or related degree
- Must hold either (1) a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or (2) a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- 3.0 GPA preferred
- Official transcripts
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education