Qualified vet-techs are in constant demand, as veterinary practices rely heavily upon competent staff for day to day support in treating and handling pet owners’ precious pups, palominos, parakeets and pigs. Penn Foster College offers a 100% online Bachelor of Applied Science completion degree in Veterinary Technology where you can join this flourishing industry and make a difference to people and their animal companions. As an AVMA-CVTEA accredited program, Penn Foster’s curriculum can be completed in around two years, if you have an approved associate’s degree or other relative college undergraduate work. Subjects may include:
- Understanding the Human-Animal Bond
- Veterinary Pharmacology
- Safety and Regulatory Compliance in Veterinary Medicine
With Penn Foster’s unique online delivery system, PFx, you not only have access to your classes, but also have an e-reader and built-in progress tracking to help you meet your class deadlines and academic goals. This on-the-go technology gives you the means to study on your own schedule from a laptop, tablet, or even your phone. What’s more, Penn Foster College includes textbooks in their tuition rates.
- Bachelor completion requires 120 credits, including transfer credits.
- Have a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent
- Have graduated from an AVMA-accredited associate degree program
- Have a minimum of 15 semester hours of transferable general education coursework
American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
School Accreditation Statement
Penn Foster College Accreditation and Licenses
- Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postseconday Education.