If you enjoy working with animals and want to become a veterinary technician, you can join one of the largest, most vibrant communities by enrolling in the Vet Tech program at Penn Foster College. The AVMA-CVTEA fully accredited Veterinary Technician training program can help you gain the skills to take the first steps toward a career as a vet tech in a variety of settings. You'll study a wide range of topics and gain real-world vet technician experience during the clinical externship portions of the program. Plus, online courses allow you to earn your Associate Degree at home or on the go, and study on your schedule.
Career opportunities include:
- Small and large animal veterinary practices
- Testing laboratories or biomedical facilities
- Zoos and wildlife facilities
- Humane societies or animal control facilities
- Have a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent
- Some programs may require 15 credits of general education prior to enrollment
American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) through their Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities (CVTEA)
School Accreditation Statement
Penn Foster College Accreditation and Licenses
- Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postseconday Education.