With an online AS in Manufacturing from Penn Foster College, you will be ready to work as an engineering or production technician or take your current position to a new level. You’ll learn the latest technology and tools to use on the floor, including AutoCAD. As an entry-level degree, you will also gain a strong general education which can improve your business writing and communication skills. As a two-year curriculum, Penn Foster College’s AS in Manufacturing is likely to include the following courses:
- Manufacturing Materials & Processes
- Industrial Safety
- Drafting with AutoCAD
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GDT)
Penn Foster College offers a unique online delivery system, called PFx. This not only provides access to your classes, but also incorporates an e-reader and progress tracker to help you meet academic goals. This on-the-go bit of technology means you can study anywhere, whenever it fits your schedule, from a laptop, tablet, or even your phone. Also note that Penn Foster College includes textbooks in the cost of their tuition.
- Have a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent
- Some programs may require 15 credits of general education prior to enrollment
School Accreditation Statement
Penn Foster College Accreditation and Licenses
- Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postseconday Education.