Retail supervision provides ample opportunities in a field that employees more than 1.5 million people. Launched in PFx2.0, Penn Foster’s new competency-based platform, the Retail Supervisor Career Diploma delivers an online, interactive, and mobile-friendly learning experience for students.
- For those without prior retail or management experience, the Retail Supervisor Career Diploma program teaches knowledge and skills required to be a first-line supervisor with employment opportunities at general merchandise retailers, specialty retailers, and convenience market operations.
- For individuals with previous retail experience, the program teaches supervisor and management fundamentals to get students on track for career advancement.
The Retail Supervisor program includes courses that cover a range of topics related to day-to-day operations and offers students the opportunity to gain hands-on experience through the completion of an optional work experience.
The program includes the National Restaurant Association (NRA) ServSafe Food Handler online training course and certification which is required for graduates who plan to work in a retail environment that requires food handling.
- Have a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent
School Accreditation Statement
Penn Foster Accreditation and Licenses
- Penn Foster Career School and Penn Foster High School are regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. And, nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
- Penn Foster Career School and Penn Foster High School are licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Private Licensed Schools.
- Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postseconday Education.