Finance- AS Degree
The Finance degree at Penn Foster College trains students for employment in a professional career as a credit manager, insurance agent, financial analyst, or investment counselor. The Associate Degree in Finance consists of four semesters, which students complete online at a time convenient to them.
The program begins with an orientation to business, such as how to start and maintain a business, and developing a budget. Other beginning courses include Math for Business and Finance, Information Literacy, and Financial Accounting. Moving into more specialized courses, students learn management techniques, budgeting, differential analysis, macroeconomics, and effective communication skills.
In Financial Management, students are taught financial planning, capital management, and dividend policy. Students in the program also learn how to manage their own finances, as well as the finances of others. Throughout the four semesters, students will have the option to take several elective courses including a business elective, arts and humanities elective, and science elective. After students have learned the foundations of finance, topics of investments and business law are covered.
Penn Foster College’s Finance program aims to teach students valuable skills useful for employment in the field of finance.
Degree Level: Associate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Penn Foster Career School, Penn Foster High School, and Penn Foster College are nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Students will need access to a Microsoft® Windows®-based computer running Windows® XP or later, Microsoft® Office 2010, and high-speed Internet in order to complete this program with Penn Foster.
Penn Foster’s expertise in distance learning and genuine desire to help students meet their educational aspirations has helped students worldwide for over a century. More than 13,000,000 people have benefitted from Penn Foster programs, and more than 130,000 students are actively enrolled in studies. Penn Foster offers online career-focused and blended learning opportunities completely at a distance, and retains headquarters in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
Penn Foster supports distance education students with:
- Open enrollment
- Self-paced online courses
- 24/7 online support
- A Penn Foster Study Planner that organizes study plans and due dates
- Exams provided through the online Student Portal
- Career services
DISTANCE AND ONLINE EDUCATION
Penn Foster offers a broad scope of degrees, careers diplomas, and certificates ranging from high school diplomas to undergraduate certificates to associate and bachelor’s degrees. Three schools make up Penn Foster.
- Penn Foster College awards associate and bachelor’s degrees.
- Penn Foster Career School provides career diploma and certificate opportunities.
- Penn Foster High School gives students the choice to earn a traditional high school diploma, or opt to complete diplomas with career concentrations.
Degree programs offered at Penn Foster College include studies in:
- Business Management
- Graphic Design
- Medical Assistant
- Human Resources Management.
Many of the programs can be finished within two years; however, completion time depends upon the degree program as well as each student’s schedule.
There are over 70 vocational training programs and 20 associate degrees. Industrial courses allow students to build their skill set in a variety of fields such as:
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Mechanical Maintenance
- Industrial Safety.
Though Penn Foster does not have a physical campus, some courses may blend online learning with more traditional forms of correspondence courses, including textbooks and print materials for study purposes.
In addition to national accreditation, Penn Foster is recognized by:
- Regional accreditation by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools for Penn Foster Career School non-degree granting postsecondary programs
- Regional accreditation by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools for Penn Foster High School grades 9 through adult
- An Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)
- State licensure by the Pennsylvania State Board of Private Licensed Schools for Penn Foster Career School and Penn Foster High School
- State licensure by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education for Penn Foster College, with authorization to award Associate of Science Degrees, Bachelor of Science Degrees, and Undergraduate Certificates
- ACE CREDIT, of the American Council on Education, for many of Penn Foster College courses
Penn Foster upholds a strong, military-friendly relationship and retains a 2016 Military Friendly School® designation by G.I. Jobs. Penn Foster supports the military and veterans with discounts and VA benefits.
Students who are interested in more details on specific programs and requirements should request more information.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.