Child Psychology Certificate
By earning a Certificate in Child Psychology, students are able to better understand the psychosocial makeup of children and adolescents. Students in the program have the potential to learn the different growth and development theories from infancy to age 12. This online program allows students to complete their study from the comfort of home, at their own pace. Students are taught the relationship between behavior and biology and different theories of viewing the child’s development process.
The Child Psychology Certificate from Penn Foster Career School consists of four Instruction Sets designed to help students succeed in their career. Students study foundational topics such as memory, personality, stress, and gender, and how they play a role in a child’s learning. Eating disorders and substance abuse can play a role in how a child develops. Students take a course on Abnormal Psychology, paying special attention to depression, anxiety, learning disabilities, and ADHD.
Potential employment opportunities for students who complete a Child Psychology Certificate may include counseling centers, hospitals, social work agencies, or schools.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Penn Foster Career School, Penn Foster High School, and Penn Foster College are nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Penn Foster’s expertise in distance learning and genuine desire to help students meet their educational aspirations has helped students worldwide for over a century. More than 13,000,000 people have benefitted from Penn Foster programs, and more than 130,000 students are actively enrolled in studies. Penn Foster offers online career-focused and blended learning opportunities completely at a distance, and retains headquarters in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
Penn Foster supports distance education students with:
- Open enrollment
- Self-paced online courses
- 24/7 online support
- A Penn Foster Study Planner that organizes study plans and due dates
- Exams provided through the online Student Portal
- Career services
DISTANCE AND ONLINE EDUCATION
Penn Foster offers a broad scope of degrees, careers diplomas, and certificates ranging from high school diplomas to undergraduate certificates to associate and bachelor’s degrees. Three schools make up Penn Foster.
- Penn Foster College awards associate and bachelor’s degrees.
- Penn Foster Career School provides career diploma and certificate opportunities.
- Penn Foster High School gives students the choice to earn a traditional high school diploma, or opt to complete diplomas with career concentrations.
Degree programs offered at Penn Foster College include studies in:
- Business Management
- Graphic Design
- Medical Assistant
- Human Resources Management.
Many of the programs can be finished within two years; however, completion time depends upon the degree program as well as each student’s schedule.
There are over 70 vocational training programs and 20 associate degrees. Industrial courses allow students to build their skill set in a variety of fields such as:
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Mechanical Maintenance
- Industrial Safety.
Though Penn Foster does not have a physical campus, some courses may blend online learning with more traditional forms of correspondence courses, including textbooks and print materials for study purposes.
In addition to national accreditation, Penn Foster is recognized by:
- Regional accreditation by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools for Penn Foster Career School non-degree granting postsecondary programs
- Regional accreditation by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools for Penn Foster High School grades 9 through adult
- An Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)
- State licensure by the Pennsylvania State Board of Private Licensed Schools for Penn Foster Career School and Penn Foster High School
- State licensure by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education for Penn Foster College, with authorization to award Associate of Science Degrees, Bachelor of Science Degrees, and Undergraduate Certificates
- ACE CREDIT, of the American Council on Education, for many of Penn Foster College courses
Penn Foster upholds a strong, military-friendly relationship and retains a 2016 Military Friendly School® designation by G.I. Jobs. Penn Foster supports the military and veterans with discounts and VA benefits.
Students who are interested in more details on specific programs and requirements should request more information.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.