In Penn Foster Career School's Certified Personal Trainer program, you can take the first steps toward a career that allows you to work closely with others and pursue your passion for fitness – all in as few as three months. Personal training courses online are designed to teach you all aspects of working as a fitness trainer, from healthy menu planning and weight-loss strategies to targeted fitness routines and anatomy and physiology. And with Penn Foster Career School you train at home or on the go, and at a pace that's right for you.
Prepare for a career in:
- Public fitness facilities and YMCAs
- Resorts and hotels
- Schools and churches
- Private homes
- Have a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent
School Accreditation Statement
Penn Foster Accreditation and Licenses
- Penn Foster Career School and Penn Foster High School are regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. And, nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
- Penn Foster Career School and Penn Foster High School are licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Private Licensed Schools.
- Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postseconday Education.
To be eligible to receive your Certified Personal Trainer career diploma from Penn Foster, you must pass both the Penn Foster program and the certification exam administered by the National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF).
Licensing and/or certification requirements for jobs vary by state and may include educational, testing, and/or experiential requirements beyond those offered by the Penn Foster Program. Contact the state professional licensing board or similar regulatory body in the state(s) where you plan to work to determine their requirements before enrolling.