Pacific Oaks College offers an online psychology degree program, the Bachelor of Arts in Community Psychology. This flexible program prepares students to use social, cultural, economic, political, environmental, and international influences to promote positive change and empower populations. You will also learn how to address community issues as you apply the principles of psychology at a systemic level.
Students can choose the concentration that best meets their interests and goals from the following:
- Generalist—Students learn to promote positive change, health, and empowerment at multiple levels by taking courses that dig deeper into these areas.
- Elementary Education—The curriculum prepares students for the Preliminary Multiple Subject Teaching Credential using a constructivist framework and focusing on principles of pedagogy and child development with a grounding in community psychology.
- Advocacy and Social Justice—Graduates are prepared to become leaders as mental health and social service advocates for traditionally underserved communities by challenging social justice, equity, and inclusivity issues.
- Personal statement
- Must submit a resume showing three or more years of significant professional or life experience or a transcript confirming 24 credits from a regionally accredited institution
- 2.0 GPA
- A high school diploma or GED
School Accreditation Statement
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission