Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
The School of Professional Studies at Our Lady of the Lake University offers an online Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. This program is designed for students who have earned an RN through an associate’s degree or diploma program. The RN to BSN allows students to complete the four-year bachelor’s degree completely online.
The innovative online curriculum will continue the required educational requirements to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Students may choose to transfer into the RN-BSN program after completing an Associate of Arts or Science degree or an accredited diploma program and having obtained licensure in the state in which they wish to practice healthcare.
The mission of the Department of Nursing is to educate busy professionals at the baccalaureate and graduate level to assume professional leadership and educational roles. Our Lady of the Lake’s nursing faculty are dedicated individuals whose curriculum aims to develop culturally competent nurses who provide quality health care.
Students of the RN-BSN program have the opportunity to directly improve their personal and professional transformation and will be able to assume roles as culturally competent nurse leaders and nurse educators. The BSN curriculum delves into core nursing concepts such as:
- Professional Nursing
- Health Assessment
- Nursing Informatics
- Health Care Ethics
- Community and Public Health Nursing
- Current Nursing Issues and Trends
- Community and Public Health Nursing Clinical
- Evidence-Based Nursing Research
- Advanced Practice Nursing Practicum
- Foundations of Leadership
The RN-BSN program is comprised of 120 credit hours and allows students to transfer up to 75 credit hours from previous education institutes, granted they are accepted by OLLU, and satisfy the Continuing Education Units (CEU) required for license renewal.
Degree Level:Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$534.83
Out of State Rate:$534.83
Fees Overview :
Rates are an estimate, total costs may vary.
- Art & Science Courses (per credit): $484.90
- Professional Program Courses (per credit): $508.58
- Technology Fee: (per credit): $20
- Admin/Enrollment/Library Fee (per credit): $6
- St. Francis Fund Fee (per credit): .25
International Students Accepted:Yes
Degree completion requires a minimum of 120 credits, including transfer (up to 96 credits) and major requirements.
- Nursing curriculum: 24 credits
- A diploma or associate degree from an ACEN - or CCNE - accredited nursing program with a minimum 2.0 GPA
- A permanent, active and unencumbered registered nurse licensure
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.