The master’s degree in Addiction Counseling from Ottawa University integrates theory, research, and practice. Students will be prepared to pursue careers treating individuals with substance abuse and dependency disorders.
This online substance abuse counseling degree meets educational requirements for licensure in Arizona for the Licensed Associate Substance Abuse Counselor (LASAC) designation, as well as licensure or certification in most states. Graduates can work in a variety of settings including private practice, substance abuse clinics, group practices, and hospitals.
Course topics available to students within this major include:
- Multicultural concerns in addictions counseling
- Treatment of trauma, abuse, and deprivation
- Addictions counseling in family systems
- Law and ethics in addictions counseling
- Official transcripts
- 3.0 GPA
- Personal statement
- Professional work experience
- Three letters of recommendation
National Addiction Studies Accreditation Commission (NASAC)
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission