Old Dominion University offers the online Ph.D. in Education with a concentration in Occupational and Technical Studies. The focus of the degree is to prepare university faculty, directors/supervisors of career and technical education, and directors of training departments in business, industry, and government. Individuals will apply knowledge, skills, and behaviors in today's complex educational and business environments. Every individual will develop competencies for understanding and using research methods and statistics to make data-based driven decisions.
The Occupational and Technical Studies concentration has the following three emphases:
- Technology Education
- Career and Technical Education
- Human Resources – Training
- Master’s degree related to this field or have worked in occupations related to the degree’s outcomes
- Essay statement of academic and professional goals
- Three letters of reference
- Academic transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions previously attended or currently being attended
- Minimum 3.00 graduate GPA
- GRE scores that have been earned within the past five years
All students must be on the Norfolk campus for two, two-week summer Institute sessions.
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges