The online Graduate Certificate in Nurse/Health Care Executive program from Old Dominion University prepares students for leadership roles as nurses or health care executives within healthcare organizations, hospitals, and ambulatory care settings. Coursework focuses on:
- Leadership in complex organizations
- The best use of informatics and healthcare technology
- The design and use of competitive resources
- How to apply evidence-based management for quality healthcare
- A current unencumbered/unrestricted license as a registered nurse in Virginia or a Compact State.
- A bachelor of science in nursing (or RN with a bachelor's degree in a related field).
- Satisfactory completion of an undergraduate statistics course and an undergraduate physical/health assessment course.
- One year of current clinical nursing experience, preferably post-baccalaureate.
- If GPA is below 3.5, then satisfactory achievement on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken in the past five years.
Collegiate Commission on Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges