The online Graduate Certificate in Nurse Educator program from Old Dominion University allows students to gain valuable knowledge and practical experience related to teaching in entry-level or graduate nursing education programs. Graduates are prepared to pursue educator positions in learning institutions, hospitals, and the community.
- A current unencumbered/unrestricted license as a registered nurse in Virginia or a Compact State.
- A bachelor of science in nursing (or RN with a bachelor's degree in a related field).
- Satisfactory completion of an undergraduate statistics course and an undergraduate physical/health assessment course.
- One year of current clinical nursing experience, preferably post-baccalaureate.
- If GPA is below 3.5, then satisfactory achievement on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken in the past five years.
Collegiate Commission on Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges