Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Old Dominion University
The online RN to BSN degree program from Old Dominion University is designed for registered nurses looking to become more valuable in their current positions or advance their careers and lead other nursing professionals. The knowledge and experience gained in this program can provide graduates with greater career mobility and lead to new opportunities in:
- Advanced Practice Nursing (NP, CNS, CRNA, CNM)
- Nursing Management and Administration
- Community/Non-profit Organizations
- Pharmaceutical/Medical Equipment Sales/Consult
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Degree completion requires a minimum of 120 credits, including transfer and major requirements.
- Nursing curriculum: 66 credits, including 33 experiential learning credits granted as students progress through the program
- Must currently hold licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Official College Transcript (from ALL previously attended institutions)
This program is not available in the following states: Washington.
Old Dominion University was founded in 1930 as the Norfolk Division of The College of William and Mary. Then in 1962, Old Dominion became an independent institution; and later in 1969, Old Dominion gained university status. Today, Old Dominion University is a four-year, public research institution of higher education, located in Norfolk, which is a city in the Hampton Roads region of Virginia, with a mission “to serve its students and enrich the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation and the world through rigorous academic programs, strategic partnerships, and active civic engagement.”
Old Dominion offers academic and professional degrees and certificates from the bachelor's to the doctoral level from the following colleges:
- College of Arts & Letters
- Strome College of Business
- Darden College of Education
- Batten College of Engineering & Technology
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Sciences
- Honors College
- The Graduate School
- College of Continuing Education & Professional Development
Students can enroll in online bachelor’s, master’s, doctorate, ed specialist, and certificate and licensure programs in many different fields. While some online programs support asynchronous formats, other degrees support synchronous coursework.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.