Master of Science in Nursing
Oklahoma Wesleyan University
The online MSN degree program from Oklahoma Wesleyan University is designed for experienced nurses who are seeking roles that require advanced practice skills in order to function as providers and organizers of the health care delivery process or as faculty members in a nursing education program. Students complete the MSN core courses, after which they must choose one of the following concentration tracks:
- Nursing Administration - focuses on topics such as health care systems, corporate financial management, and human resource leadership
- Nursing Education - explores subjects like curriculum design, innovation, and evaluation, transformational nursing, and assesment strategies
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: Yes
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
- An official transcript showing a conferred Bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited college or university in the United States or a foreign college or university which is approved by an international transcript evaluation organization recognized by Oklahoma Wesleyan University.
- Any other official transcripts needed to verify undergraduate prerequisite courses or graduate transfer credit. Students may transfer up to 6 semester hours of graduate coursework toward a graduate degree, provided that the courses are approved by the Dean of the School.
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
Oklahoma Wesleyan University began as Colorado Springs Bible College in 1910 and became Oklahoma Wesleyan University in 2001, a name change that occurred when the university expanded to offer graduate degrees. Today, the private, not-for-profit OKWU has continued to move forward, retaining its founding evangelical Christian principles that integrate scholarship, character, integrity, servanthood, community, and stewardship.
OWU offers programs leading to associate's, bachelor's, and master's degrees in the following schools:
- Chesapeake Energy School of Business
- School of Arts and Sciences
- School of Ministry and Christian Thought
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Adult and Graduate Studies
Degrees at all levels are available in both traditional residential and online formats through the School of Adult and Graduate Studies.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.