Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Oklahoma Panhandle State University
The online RN to BSN degree completion program from Oklahoma Panhandle State University builds upon the knowledge and skills of the associate degree or diploma prepared nurse, and is designed for the registered nurse whose career goals will be enhanced through further undergraduate study. Upon completion of the RN to BSN program, graduates are equipped to:
- Provide human caring for individuals, families, groups, and communities with a multitude of health care problems in diversified health care settings
- Provide nursing care based on critical decision-making, considering individual differences, ethnic identity, and cultural values
- Evaluate research for the applicability of its findings to nursing practice
- Participate with other health care providers and members of the general public in promoting the health and well-being of people
- Enhance the quality of nursing and health practices within practice settings through the use of leadership skills and a knowledge of the political system
- Incorporate professional values as well as ethical, moral, and legal aspects of nursing into nursing practice
- Accept responsibility and accountability for the evaluation of the effectiveness of their own nursing practice
- Synthesize theoretical and empirical knowledge from nursing, scientific, and humanistic disciplines with practice
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
This bachelor completion program requires 124 semester credits for completion, including transfer credits.
- Online degree requirements: 30 credits
- Acceptance into the school and nursing program
- Official transcripts from all colleges, universities, and/or nursing schools attended
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in previous academic work
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 in all prior nursing courses
- An associate degree or diploma in nursing from an accredited program (Sophomore nursing students in a state-approved nursing program may take specified nursing courses.)
- A current valid license from the state in which the applicant is practicing
Oklahoma Panhandle State University was founded in 1909 as the result of an act of the Oklahoma State Legislature. The university was originally knows as Pan-Handle Agricultural Institute and started out offering secondary agricultural education. There were numerous name changes as the school grew and evolved and in 1974 the final name change to Oklahoma Panhandle State University occurred. The University's purpose is "to provide higher education primarily for people of the Oklahoma Panhandle and surrounding areas through academic programs, cultural enrichment, lifelong learning experiences, and public service activities." Oklahoma Panhandle State University is located in Goodwell, Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Panhandle State University awards associate's degrees and bachelor’s degrees from the following schools:
- School of Agriculture
- School of Business and Technology
- School of Education
- School of Liberal Arts
- School of Science, Mathematics, and Nursing
- University College
Oklahoma Panhandle State University offers classes that can be completed entirely online, as well as a RN to BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) degree program that can be completed entirely online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.