This graduate program in Social Work focuses on preparing students to work in rural environments as clinical social workers. Graduates will have the skills and knowledge to work with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
The general track of this online master’s in Social Work program is available as a part-time curriculum for students with an undergraduate degree related to social work. Recent graduates with a CSWE-accredited social work bachelor’s degree can apply for the Advanced Standing part-time online track. Graduates will be eligible to take a licensure exam toward independent licensing in all 50 states.
Students will gain competencies set by the Council on Social Work Education, such as:
- Advance human rights and social, economic, and environmental justice
- Engage in policy practice
- Intervene and evaluate practice with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behavior
- Engage diversity and difference in practice
- Maintain research-informed practice and practice-informed research
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Ohio University is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s)
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree with a liberal arts focus, along with prerequisites in social sciences and human biology.
- You will need to have at least 30 hours of relevant work/volunteer experience.