Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Ohio State University
The online RN to BSN degree completion program from Ohio State University prepares nurses with an associate degree or diploma to take the next step in their career. Graduates possess the knowledge and skills required to:
- Integrate knowledge from a liberal education, the sciences, and nursing to address the health care of individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations across the life span in diverse and global health care systems and environments
- Apply a systematic process for application and evaluation of scientific evidence related to the principles of health promotion, risk reduction, disease prevention, and illness management across the continuum of dynamic healthcare environments
- Apply the knowledge and skills of information management and patient care technologies to deliver high quality nursing care that addresses legal, ethical, historical, and emerging issues
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations and within nursing and with other health disciplines to design, manage, and deliver high quality and safe patient-centered care
- Demonstrate a commitment to leadership and professionalism through the delivery of socially, ethically, and fiscally responsible care while embracing the concept of life-long learning
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
This bachelor completion program requires 120 semester credits for completion, including up to 90 transfer credits.
- Online degree requirements: 30 credits
- An associate degree or diploma from an ACEN-accredited institution
- Completion of 9 required prerequisites with a grade of C- or better prior to enrollment in the program
- A cumulative GPA on all college-level work of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
- Unrestricted and current RN licensure complete by start of second semester in the program
May not be authorized for residents of Alabama, Delaware, Idaho, Louisiana, New Jersey, Puerto Rico, Tennessee, Washington, and Wyoming.
Ohio State University was founded in 1870 as the Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College. In 1878, the college became Ohio State University. In 2007, Ohio State was officially designated as the flagship institution of Ohio's public universities. The University's mission is to “...advance the well-being of the people of Ohio and the global community through the creation and dissemination of knowledge.”
As a public institution of higher education, Ohio State University awards bachelor's degrees, post-baccalaureate certificates, post-master's certificates, master's degrees, and doctoral degrees. For students who are unable to attend in-class learning sessions, Ohio State University offers select online class options, as well as bachelor's and master's degrees that can be earned completely online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.