Ohio State University offers the online MS in Dental Hygiene. This program focuses on individualized educational and field experiences, combined with a substantive core curriculum that gives dental hygienists the knowledge and experience to teach in a dental hygiene program. This program is designed for students who are licensed dental hygienists and who have earned a bachelor’s degree.
The courses expand dental hygiene knowledge, education methodology, research analysis, and provide the theory and practice of laboratory, pre-clinical and clinical dental hygiene instruction.
- Online curriculum: 37 credits
- Baccalaureate degree in dental hygiene, or an associate degree from an accredited dental hygiene program and a baccalaureate degree in a related field
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher in undergraduate education and a minimum of 3.0 in the dental hygiene major
- Official transcript from each college or university attended
- Proof of an active dental hygiene license
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of intent
- Summary of relevant work, volunteer or professional experience
- List of memberships held in professional associations or honorary societies
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission