Doctor of Nursing Practice
Ohio State University
The online DNP degree program from Ohio State University prepares students to become expert evidence-based practitioners and healthcare administrators through customized learning opportunities in core course work, electives, and clinical immersion experiences. Graduates are prepared to:
- Practice at the highest level of nursing, integrating and applying knowledge from the sciences with the fields of organizational management, ethics, health policy, and information technology
- Demonstrate leadership skills in organizational and health systems management to improve the safety and quality of healthcare
- Apply analytical skills and translational science methodologies to practice-focused scholarship
- Provide leadership in interprofessional collaborative teams to improve health outcomes for individuals, populations, systems, and the crafting of policy
- Demonstrate high levels of skills in health promotion and disease prevention strategies for individuals, populations, and systems
- Develop skill in the analysis and shaping of health policy
- Demonstrate skill in the application of ethical decision-making frameworks to resolve ethical dilemmas in healthcare
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Have completed of a Master of Science in nursing or equivalent degree from an accredited program
- Currently licensed as an RN without restrictions (or will be licensed prior to enrollment)
- Cumulative undergraduate and graduate GPAs of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- A national-level advanced practice certification
- Verification that you have completed at least 500 clinical hours at the master’s level
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended during your academic career
- Current resume/curriculum vitae
- Purpose and goals statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Supervisor’s letter of support
Residents of some states are not authorized to apply, please contact the school for more information.
Ohio State University was founded in 1870 as the Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College. In 1878, the college became Ohio State University. In 2007, Ohio State was officially designated as the flagship institution of Ohio's public universities. The University's mission is to “...advance the well-being of the people of Ohio and the global community through the creation and dissemination of knowledge.”
As a public institution of higher education, Ohio State University awards bachelor's degrees, post-baccalaureate certificates, post-master's certificates, master's degrees, and doctoral degrees. For students who are unable to attend in-class learning sessions, Ohio State University offers select online class options, as well as bachelor's and master's degrees that can be earned completely online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.