In 1871, Henry Solomon Lehr, with support from the community, founded the Northwestern Ohio Normal School as a teacher training institution. Two other name changes would follow; first, to Ohio Normal University and second, in 1903, to Ohio Northern University. In 1899, the University affiliated with the United Methodist Church and more intentionally embraced the Judeo-Christian values of becoming church-related. From these beginnings, Ohio Northern University has developed a focus on teaching, learning, scholarship, and professional practice, and a campus environment that is student-centered, service-oriented, and values-based.
The University is made up of five colleges, offering a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs:
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business
- College of Engineering
- College of Law
- College of Pharmacy
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Sector Of Institution:Private not-for-profit, 4-year or above
Religious Affiliation:United Methodist
Highest Level Of Offering:Doctor's degree
Adult Age Enrollments:244
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.