As an R.N., you’re already halfway to this important credential.
Many top hospitals and surgical centers aren’t waiting for Vision 2020 to be mandated — they already require a B.S.N. for clinical nursing positions. In Nova Southeastern University's B.S.N. curriculum, you’ll learn advanced nursing practices proven to lower patient death rates, risk of infections, and procedural complications. You’ll also learn to think creatively to solve problems using evidence-based research.
When you complete your B.S.N. degree with just 12 courses, you’re prepared to work in your setting of choice and earn more.
Demonstrate Excellence in Nursing
With your B.S.N., you’ll be recognized for your outstanding ability to lead others and advance your career faster.
By graduation, you’re a nurse who can:
- Lead the adoption of healthcare policies
- Effortlessly promote safe, quality nursing care within complex healthcare systems
- Integrate evidence-based practices that support decision-making in nursing care
- Evaluate the effectiveness of patient-and-family centered nursing care
- Build an understanding of the human experience into delivering care
- Incorporate technology and information management to promote a safe-practice environment
- Improve population health while considering fiscal and material resources through professional collaboration
- Integrate legal, ethical and professional values within general nursing practice
- Provide culturally and spiritually competent patient-and-family centered care in health promotion and disease/injury prevention
Your B.S.N. Provides Career Security
Earning your B.S.N. provides career longevity and higher-paying positions. Right now, the physical demands of patient bed-side care may not seem demanding. Later in your career you may want to move away from a strictly clinical role, and for that, you’ll need to have your B.S.N.
- As of January 2013, the American Nurses Association (ANA) required 100% of nursing managers to hold a B.S.N. or higher to deliver the prestigious Magnet hospital designation.
- The ACN backs the Institute of Medicine’s Vision 2020 recommendation for clinical nurses to hold a B.S.N. degree.
A Stronger Career as a B.S.N. Nurse
B.S.N.–trained nurses advance their career faster because they’re recognized for leadership abilities and creative problem-solving skills.
- Earn nearly $30,000 more than those with only an RN credential
- Qualify for over 80% of nursing job postings
- Have a higher proficiency in making sound diagnosis and better patient outcomes
Choose the Way You Earn Your R.N.-to-B.S.N. Degree
- 100% Online
- 100% Campus
- A Combination of Both
Research from Payscale.com in 2014
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Nova Southeastern University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationAssociate Degree
Official College Transcript(s), Occupational License
- Already obtained their R.N. license