The online Master of Science in Biomedical Informatics is designed to build on the basics of healthcare and information technology students already know to provide them with the advanced knowledge and understandings required when entering the job market. The curriculum incorporates a specialized study of the development, dissemination, and evaluation of information technology as it relates to the healthcare environment. Coursework introduces students to methodologies for gathering, retaining, and distributing medical information through a more digital filing technique which can be applied to clinical applications in medical informatics, management, and program evaluations in health information technology.
Though predominantly online, students are required to complete a practicum project consisting of hands-on practical work within a health information technology or other appropriate environment. Request more information for details.
- Bachelor's, master's, or doctoral degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above (4.0 scale) preferred
- Health professions degree (desirable, but not required)
- Demonstrated background in biomedical sciences by credentials or work experience
- Demonstrated competency in the use of computers by credentials or work experience
- Demonstrated ability to clearly express oneself in writing
- Official transcripts
- Letter of recommendation
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges