The online Doctor of Health Science is designed for students with master’s degrees who work as health professionals with diverse work backgrounds, interests, and life experiences. Students will have demonstrated the capacity to pursue more responsibility in healthcare and recognize the importance of health occupations that require registration, certification, and/or licensure or the possession of managerial experience in healthcare administration. Courses emphasize critical-thinking and decision-making skills while developing the students’ abilities to analyze published research, challenging students to examine the current state of health care and to consider their roles in the provision of health care services to patients, clients, and the community.
- Requires two one-week on-campus institutes
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- A cumulative master's degree GPA at or above a 3.0 (4.0 scale)
- Prior health care experience required and strongly considered in admissions
- Evidence of computer and/or self study skills
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges