Nova Southeastern University offers a Doctor of Education with a concentration in Special Education. The concentration is designed for practicing professionals who wish to increase both career opportunities and the quality of education for individuals with disabilities. The concentration fosters students to develop a strong understanding of leadership skills through self-reflection, analysis, and a solid foundation of best practices.
The coursework is 100% online, however all doctoral students are required to participate in the Summer Institute week-long conference in Florida.
- An official transcript from a regionally accredited institution indicating a conferred master’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.0
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education
- Professional letters of recommendation from two individuals
- A test score report from MAT or GRE (The test must have been taken within the past five years)
- Completed Personal Statement of Goals
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
The Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) now administers both NCATE and TEAC accreditation. Current accreditation status under NCATE and TEAC for education programs will continue through the accreditation term, during which they will be CAEP Eligible.
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges