Doctor of Education with a concentration in Special Education
Nova Southeastern University, primarily located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, offers a Doctor of Education with a concentration in Special Education.
The concentration in Special Education is designed for practicing teachers, administrators, parents, and mental, health, or social service providers who wish to increase both career opportunities and the quality of education for individuals with disabilities. The concentration fosters students to develop a strong understanding of leadership skills through self-reflection, analysis, and a solid foundation of best practices. The 69-credit-hour curriculum focuses on facilitating s student teachers development of logical and critical thinking skills in areas of collaboration, law, assessment and evaluation, administration, and multicultural issues.
Students will delve into the many intricacies associated with the emphasis on Special Education. A few of the core courses include:
- Special Education Law and Policy
- Collaboration and Consultation
- Multicultural Issues in Special Education
- Curriculum and Program Development
- Assessment and Evaluation of Special Needs Cognitive Domains
- Assessment and Evaluation of Special Needs Behavioral and Clinical Domains
- Advanced Applications in Technology in Communication and Science Disorders
- Theories of Learning
- Families, the Law, and Exceptionalities
- Conferencing with Parents and Families of Individuals with Disabilities
- Organization and Administration of Special Education Programs
- Transition, Career Development, and Independent Living
- Issues in Special Education Administration
Successful graduates of the program will be able to use the formal education to maintain or expand into teaching positions of individuals with special needs in education. Practicing teachers, administrators, human service professionals, mental and healthcare providers are required to have a working knowledge of the many types of learning abilities, earning the Doctorate degree will satisfy many standards for professional educators.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Students must have a master’s degree by a regionally accredited institution (minimum 3.0 grade point average) .
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.