Doctor of Education with a concentration in Nursing Education
Nova Southeastern University, primarily located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, offers a Doctor of Education with a concentration on Nursing Education. Students of the Nursing Education concentration should already be registered nurses, holding a Master of Science in Nursing degree.
The curriculum expands on the foundations of Nursing, while teaching the necessary concepts for providing nursing educators the proper resources for program instruction. The 69-credit-hour curriculum is comprised of advanced, subject-specific nursing education courses along with core education courses to develop scholarly nurses prepared to contribute a body of knowledge and professional practices in nursing education institutions or organizations.
- The curriculum consists of key concepts in nursing education such as:
- Theory Development for Nurse Educators
- Theories of Education for Nursing Science
- Instructional Designs and Curriculum Development in Nursing Education
- Evidence-Based Evaluation for Nursing Education
- Tests and Measurements in Nursing Education
- Health Care Policy
- Higher Education Leadership in Nursing
- Scholarship and Applied Research for Nurse Educators
Graduates of the program will be well-trained and educated to enter or excel in careers of medical education as well as ideal for students who wish to increase knowledge and skills as a current nurse educator.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Students must have a master’s degree by a regionally accredited institution (minimum 3.0 grade point average) .
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.