Nova Southeastern University offers a Doctor of Education with a concentration in Human Services Administration. Human services professionals are required to consistently maintain educational requirements in order to obtain or excel in current career positions.
The education in the doctorate level degree program introduces students to the key essential concepts needed for practicing professionals. A specialized curriculum is designed for practicing human services professionals who currently work or those who wish to enter the field working with individuals across the life span, families, communities, and organizations. The curriculum is comprised of core courses that delve into the concepts of:
- Human Services Leadership Administration, Management, and Policy Development of Human Services Agencies and Programs
- Developing Human Resources for Human Services in the Context of the Family and the Community
- Human Resource Development
- Human Services and the Law
- Human Services Organizational Theory and Behavior
- Special Topics in Human Services
The concentration fosters a graduate student’s development of leadership skills, allowing the professional and proactive performance of the ethical agents of change for individual and community-based social services and organizations. The demonstration of the specialized curriculum will assist in the HR professionals' performance through self-reflection, analysis, and practical application of best practices. The advanced program focuses on developing a professional practitioner who can respond to current issues and trends in human services settings, in addition to being able to predict, prepare and advocate for the benefit of diverse populations.
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Nova Southeastern University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent, Recommendation/Reference Letter(s)
- The Summer Institute is a week-long conference designed for doctoral students. During the doctoral program, students are required to attend at least one FCE Summer Institute as part of required coursework.