Doctor of Education with a concentration in Higher Education Leadership
Nova Southeastern University, primarily located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, offers a Doctor of Education with a concentration on Higher Education Leadership. The degree program is designed to expand on the already learned foundation from previous curriculums in addition to introducing students to the key essentials of working with adult learners.
The Doctor of Education with a concentration in Higher Education Leadership is designed specifically or practicing and aspiring educators, trainers, and staff developers working with adult learners. The specialized curriculum is comprised of 69 credit hours, and covers the concepts of:
- Surviving Change Politics, Power, Money, and the Law
- Governance and Management in Higher Education
- Curriculum and Program Development
- Moving Toward the Future Successful Strategic Action Plans
- Targeting Students
- The Dynamics of Student Services
- Contemporary Challenges in Higher Education Leadership
- Financing Institutions of Higher Learning
- Foundations, Sponsored Research, and Collaborations in Institutional Development
- Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Human Resource Development
- Technological Literacy for Leaders
- Leading a Learning Organization
Graduates will develop leadership skills advanced enough to perform the needed higher education administration programs and institution through self-reflection, analysis, and best practices. The specialized program focuses on providing graduate students a broad knowledge of social, political, and economic forces intricate to working in society as current leaders in higher education.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Students must have a master’s degree by a regionally accredited institution (minimum 3.0 grade point average) .
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.