Gain valuable insights into the technology of the healthcare industry with a Graduate Certificate in Medical Informatics. This field involves analyzing biomedical information using a combination of medical knowledge and technology savvy.
In addition to the core competencies, students will learn about legal and ethical issues that must be considered when utilizing biomedical technology. Students will be able to achieve Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt for Health Care certification through this program. The six courses making up this certificate are typically completed in two to four semesters.
Some of the topics covered in the program include:
- Database systems in health care
- Information security in health care
- Telecommunications and computer networking in health care
- Computational informatics
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Nova Southeastern University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s)
- Applicants must demonstrate a background in the language of the biomedical sciences by credentials or work experience.