Physician assistants can gain additional knowledge and experience in emergency situations with this online Graduate Certificate in Emergency Medicine. Students are able to complete didactic coursework online while taking part in on-site training sessions and optional clinical training hours in their local community.
The training provided in this program will make physician assistants more well qualified for emergency department positions. Coursework can be completed in one year, with two courses per semester. Students will participate in a two-day intensive clinical skills and procedure workshop on campus to hone their abilities.
The curriculum covers a full range of emergency topics, including:
- Cardiovascular and hematologic emergencies
- Renal/urogenital, metabolic, and immunologic emergencies
- Neurologic, infectious disease, and pediatric emergencies
- Environmental, toxicological, and dermatological emergencies
- OB/GYN, ophthalmological, ENT, and psychiatric emergencies
- Trauma, non-traumatic musculoskeletal disorders, abdominal, and chest emergencies
% OnlineMostly Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Nova Southeastern University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA2.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s)
- Applicants must be active physician assistants currently licensed to practice and in good standing.
- Students will learn hands-on skills during a two-day in-person intensive workshop.