Designed for senior leaders seeking a higher level of leadership learning, the Master of Science in Executive Leadership program provides an advanced level of leadership theory and application that address the specific challenges these senior leaders regularly face. The program recognizes the dynamic and fluid environment in which today’s leaders operate and focuses on providing tools for enhancing their ability to leverage human capacity for strategic results, while addressing complex leadership challenges with character, integrity and distinction. The curriculum is values-based and emphasizes the importance of strategic communications and emotional intelligence as they are recognized as critical threads that are woven throughout all leadership crucibles.
Focusing on a values-based leadership taxonomy, the Norwich University Master of Science in Executive Leadership program develops leadership character through the dimensions of Leading Others and Leading in Service; leadership integrity through the dimensions of Leading the Self and Leading in Service; and leadership distinction through the results achieved in Leading Organizations, as theory is translated into practice every day.
The Norwich Advantage
- Small class sizes and a diverse group of senior leaders – senior military officers, CEOs, SVPs, and directors – foster in-depth discussions and unique perspectives
- Receive personalized attention and guidance from experienced faculty members, who include consultants, published authors, researchers, and leaders of private, public, and government organizations
- The dedicated program staff provides ongoing support
- The students engage in challenging discussions each week that incorporate real world challenges and build upon shared experiences of fellow students and faculty to expand personal learning and knowledge development
- Through the flexible online platform, you can access program content and contribute to class discussions on your own schedule and at your own pace each week
- Four start dates per year (March, June, September, and December) allow you to begin the program when it’s most convenient for you
The Master of Science in Executive Leadership program concludes with a residency at the historic Norwich University campus in Vermont.
- A bachelor's degree in any discipline from a regionally accredited institution
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Official transcript of your undergraduate degree from a regionally or nationally accredited university
- Letter of intent
- Admissions essay demonstrating graduate-level writing and critical thinking skills, or the GRE
- One letter of recommendation from a professional or academic contact
School Accreditation Statement
New England Commission of Higher Education