Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Northwestern State University of Louisiana
The online RN to BSN degree program from Northwestern State University of Louisiana allows registered nurses with associate degrees or diplomas in nursing to obtain a baccalaureate degree. Students may complete theory and clinical degree requirements in their own communities, and online courses explore topics such as:
- Women's & Children's Health
- Nursing Informatics
- Psych/Mental Health
- Community Health Nursing
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Degree completion requires a minimum of 124 credits, including transfer and online curriculum credits.
- Nursing major requirements: 30 online credits plus 38 hours awarded for previous education and experience
- Admission to the university and submission of all official transcripts
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or above
- Minimum grade of “C” in all required science, math and nursing courses
- Current unencumbered RN license to practice in the state in which clinical experiences will be completed
- Graduate of a nationally nursing accredited associate or diploma nursing program
Northwestern State University was established in 1884 in the old Bullard Mansion atop a hill overlooking the bustling river port city of Natchitoches. The campus grew as the school expanded from a two-year degree for teachers at Louisiana State Normal School to the four-year education degree at Louisiana Normal College in 1921. In 1944, the school became Northwestern State College and Northwestern State University in 1970.
NSU awards associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in addition to professional certificates. Students requiring added flexibility may take advantage of the online campus at eNSU. Virtual coursework and distance education degree programs reflect that of on-campus counterparts. Degrees are offered completely online, though certain courses may require proctored exams or campus visits to take exams.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.