NTC offers the online Certificate in Medical Coding. This program gives the learner the basics in diagnosis and procedural coding associated with billing for medical services. Learners receive training in medical billing processes including patient account management, diagnosis and procedural coding. The program focuses on coding procedures for the medical office.
Sample of Program Courses:
- Intro to Computers – Medical Applications
- Medical Language Applications
- Intro to Anatomy & Physiology
- Medical Office Procedures
- CPT & HCPCS
Thorough understanding of medical terminology, human anatomy & physiology and human disease condition is necessary for anyone working in this field. Graduates of the program may be eligible to take one of the national coding certification exams.
- High school transcript or GED
- Official transcripts from any other colleges attended
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission