NTC offers the online Certificate in Community Health Worker. In this program, students will learn how to help navigate clients through systems and community services, overcoming barriers, understanding options, and accessing and benefiting from health services. A community health worker is a health and social services paraprofessional who works on the front lines with people who need assistance and guidance in getting health care.
Sample of Program Courses:
- Communications, Competence & Legal/Ethical Implications of the CHW
- Intro to Computers – Medical Applications
- Community, Capacity Building & Teaching
- Community Health Worker Internship
- Intro to Public Speaking
- Advocacy and Outreach
- Health Promotion
Community health workers may serve as advisors, case managers or referral sources. They are advocates, facilitators, motivators, culture brokers and interpreters who mentor people to help the health care providers respond to patients.
- High school transcript or GED
- Official transcripts from any other colleges attended
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission