Social Work is a good career path for individuals with a desire to work with and help people. The online Social Work degree from Northwest Mississippi Community College prepares students with the foundation they need to pursue more advanced degrees in the field. Advisors work with nearby universities to ensure maximum transferable credit.
Social workers help people cope with and solve problems in their lives. Some may work with clients who face disability, disease, unemployment, homelessness, or substance abuse. Most jobs require either a bachelor’s of Social Work (BSW) degree or a master’s of Social Work (MSW) degree.
Some of the types of jobs available with additional training include:
- Child, family, or school social worker
- Medical or public health social worker
- Mental health or substance abuse social worker
- Social work administrator, researcher, planner, or policymaker
- High school transcript or GED scores
- ACT/SAT scores
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges