Northwest Iowa Community College offers the online Pharmacy Technician Diploma. Pharmacy technicians work under the care of a licensed pharmacist and perform many pharmacy related functions. Job duties include providing medication and other health care products to patients as well as working with third party and doctors’ offices in resolving adjudication of patients’ insurance or state programs.
Sample of Program Courses:
- Introduction to Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacology for Pharmacy Technician
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Introduction to Ethics
- Medical Terminology
Pharmacy technicians often do the routine tasks associated with preparing prescribed medication and doctor calls, expense and medication orders, returns and expired credits, and non-licensed pharmacy management.
A practicum is required for completion of this program.
- Official high school transcript, high school equivalency transcript, and/or college transcripts
- ACT and/or ACCUPLACER assessment scores
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission