Post-Master's of Science in Nursing Certificate
Northern Kentucky University
The online Post-MSN Certificate program from Northern Kentucky University is designed for students who seek specialized knowledge and skills as nurse practitioners or nurse educators. Students customize their educational experience to suit their personal interests and professional goals by selecting one of the following specializations:
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Adult-Gero Nurse Practitioner
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Adult-Gero Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Psych Nurse Practitioner
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
All NP students (except Psych Mental Health NP) are required to participate in NRP 690, a 1 credit hour On-Campus Clinical Residency.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- A conferred BSN and MSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited school of nursing
- Preferred applicants should have a Master of Science in Nursing program GPA of at least 3.0
- Completion of certification and currently licensed as nurse practitioner, if you are a nurse practitioner
- Proof of 1,000 clinical hours of practice over the previous year for all Post-MSN certificates with the exception of Psych Mental Health which requires proof of 2000 hours of practice
- A current, unencumbered RN License with expiration date in the state(s) you are licensed and practice
- A letter of purpose
Northern Kentucky University is a four-year, public institution of higher education, located in the city of Highland Heights, Kentucky, just seven miles from Cincinnati, Ohio. Founded in 1968, today NKU embraces core values of excellence, integrity, inclusiveness, innovation, and collegiality with a “promise to put our students first.”
Northern Kentucky University offers online undergraduate and graduate degree programs from the following schools:
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law
- College of Arts and Sciences
- Haile/US Bank College of Business
- College of Education and Human Services
- College of Health Professions
- College of Informatics
- School of the Arts
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.